Friday, May 08, 2009

I don't know if I am ready for this.....

Last night I went to the parents orientation for Michaela's kindergarten. I am not sure if I am ready to let her grow up any more. She is my first and I know that it is going to be tough on me when I see her go to school. I know that she is ready for it. I just hope that I can catch up to her. She's running ahead and I am trying to keep her right where she is. I can't believe how fast time has flown and now she is ready to start putting her fingerprint in the real world and I don't know if I can handle it.

I put her into french immersion and I am excited that she will be learning a secong (well third) language (as she already is learning sign language).

I guess that I have a few months to be as ready as she is to head off for school I just can't but wonder if it gets any easier.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

awh how sad it is to see them grow up but also so rewarding and exciting. I still cant clearly see the day when Ill be sending my little man to school....but I know when it happens, ill probably cry. Good luck in school Michaela!

Michelle said...

I know exactly how you feel. Come September Cody will start high school, Cole will start jr. high and every Monday & Wednesday morning, I will be completely alone as Brooklyn will start playschool.... I love the idea of some freedom...but still they are growing up too fast!
Call me when she starts school - we can have a good cry together :)