Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bedtimes.....

Lately, it's been a struggle to put Michaela down for a nap (quiet time) or bedtime. She will fight it to the bitter end. How I long for the days that all I would have to do is put her in her crib and leave the room. Now she wants me to read every book that she has in her room (some more than once). I love reading her stories, but I don't like spending all night in there reading when I could be spending time either on my own or with Sean.
We put a doorknob lock on her door in hopes to keep her in her room, but it didn't take her very long to figure that out. So now we need to figure out how to keep her in her room. We've tried letting her stay up to tire her out, but as soon as we say it's bedtime, the fight ensues again. I wish that bedtimes could go back to the way they used to be, when it was a joy putting her to bed and she was ready for it. Now I fear that she is turning into be more and more like me and that scares me in a way. But her stubbornness will also serve her well in her life, as long as she learns to harness it. For my sake I hope that comes sooner rather than later.

No comments: