Saturday, July 21, 2007

"GOOD MORNING BALTIMORE!!!!"

Last night my sister Lindsay and my friend Donna and I went to see the movie "Hairspray". Now I had seen the original with Ricki Lake many years ago and enjoyed that one so I knew that I would enjoy this version as well. Boy it blew me away. I have never laughed so hard in a movie before as there are many things that I just don't find tht worthy of a laugh. I am very picky about what I find funny.
It is a musical so I knew my husband would NOT be inclined to go so I am glad that I had two people who wanted to see it as well.
In my opinion John Travolta STOLE the show. Now we've all seen him sing and dance through "GREASE" and heat up the floor in "Saturday Night Fever", but that is NOTHING compared to seeing him dressed in drag and singing and dancing as a WOMAN!! He did a bang up job as the plus size Edna Turnblat.
This movie is thoroughly enjoyable and tackles some social issues in a way that is not preachy but at the same time makes you think about them in a whole new way.
So if you are looking for a good night out with some wholesome entertainment and a lot of good gut wrenching laughs (I felt as if I had done 500 sit ups at the end), then this movie is for you. Just remember to take it as light hearted fun and you will enjoy it too.

No comments: