Tuesday, December 04, 2007

He's growing up slowly but surely......

So this morning I was in a rush cause Logan had a pedeatrician's appointment at 9am. I had to get dressed, take out the garbage, get the kids dressed, warm up the truck, put the kids in their winter coats (which for some reason takes longer than a summer coat), take Michaela to Auntie Carrie's house (or as Micha calls it Kendyls house), get gas in the truck and then travel all the way to Chinook Centre to see the doctor. Well I managed to sleep in an didn't get up out of bed until 7 which then put me in panic mode. But I managed to get everythign done and get out the door to Carrie's house by 8. What a miracle!!!! considering the phone was ringing this morning too.

So, anyways, Logan has been seeing a pedeatrician for a few months now since I had some concerns about him taking so long to start walking and that he had lost weight and was really quite short. So we've been monitoring him quite close to see how he has been growing. his last appointment in July put his weight at 21 and a bit lbs. today he is 22 lbs and 14 ozs which is fine by the doctor. Kids hos age only gain 5 lbs a year. But what really had me happy was the fact that he grew 5 cm in 6 months. According to the doctor that is great. he went from 75 cm to 80 cm. So maybe at the ripe old age of 2 he can finally get out of his 12 months pants, but then again maybe not since they are just fitting him right now, they are not too long.

But I had to take him for a bone age test where they x-ray his hand and wrist to see if the reason that he is so short is that the age of hi bones is behind that of his actual age. which would make sense since he is about the right height for a 1 year old. They are trying to put my fears of him being a "Little Person" at ease. he may just be a short kid and then a short adult, or one day he may just shhot up and be a little taller. who knows. All I know right now is that he is on the right track developmentally for a 2 year old and in that respect there are NO concerns. If he does winde up being a Little Person the we just deal with it. All I know is that he would make one HECK of a cute Little Person. Even if he isn't he is still stinking cute anyways.

Yep that's right my son is a shorty. But that is what makes him who he is and i wouldn't trade him for anything.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm sure everything will be fine, but keep us updated!

Mandy said...

I have a friend that has a little girl with the same problem. They're not sure what's wrong with her but developmentally, she's fine. It's just that she is 8 years old and only in size 5 or 6 clothes. It's probably hard to not know exactly what's going on but I know you will love him just the same. I hope they figure things out for you and for him.