Monday, January 19, 2009

I got the go ahead

Well the doctor has given me the go ahead to start some light exercises until I get stronger to run like I used to. So for now it's all about walking and light pilates. I hope that it doesn't take too long to get back to the place that I was before I got pregnant. Sean has promised me that if I get to where I like myself.(fit and strong) then he will take me on a trip next year. So I am looking forward to that. It just means that I have some work to do. I have given myself a goal of 40 lbs (but if I get the strength that I used to have before that weight goal then I will be happy). I used to be able to wrestle with Sean and not feel the pain that I feel now.
So I have an appointment with my family doctor to get help with my eating habits/diet plan. I have also become interested in the Turbo Jam program (I found it during one of my many nights while I was up nursing Hunter). I think that I may actually buy this system when I get stronger. If you have heard of this program use any other that focus on the core area let me know as that is the area that I need to focus most of my attention. It is lacking from the 3 c-sections that I have undergone in the last 4 years.

3 comments:

Debbie Jo said...

I just did TJ this morning. its excellent

Nikki said...

Oh good...someone else to commiserate with! I just sweat it out at the gym...but I've always been tempted to try Fluidity. It looks so cool to me. Till then, I'll just keep logging miles at the gym. I know you can reach your goal Tara!

Kozy Koverz by Louise said...

i was just thinking about exersize last night too and wishing that i could do things like i used to. i keep telling myself when this or when that but i want to do it now. i really want to go jogging and lifting weights but i can't figure out how to do it with all these kids and no money. i should start jogging when patrick has the kids, but with all that ice out there i'll probably break my neck!