Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just a typical Wednesday

Today, Hunter had his pediatrician's appointment and I am relieved to say that there is nothing neurologically wrong with him, but they are sending him for an ultrasound to figure out what is causing the "pukering" of the skin, then later they will do an MRI because they can determine more (but it is too invasive for a baby). It was a big concern of mine that he would have difficulty with walking in the future, but that is not the case so that is a big relief to me.
Last night was a hard one on me. Hunter was up every 2 1/2 hours to eat and then it would take an extra hour to put him back to sleep. His 12am feed was particularly hard on me cause he was he fed until 12:30 then didn't settle down until 1:45 and then decided that he was hungry again at 2:30 and then it just went down hill from there. I know that in the future I am going to miss the closeness of these moments, but right now I would really like to sleep longer than an hour at a time. You know I evern tried to suppliment him with formula but he didn't sleep any longer so I determined that there was no point in that anymore. Oh well one night he will surprise me and sleep the night away.

He is growing fast so that is good. He already weighs 9lbs 13ozs and for my babies at this age that is HUGE!!! But he is on the short side like Logan. Although he is taller than Logan was at this age, so Hunter may end up being the BIG little brother.

Not much else is going on in my life at the moment, excpet the fact that I am seriously considering going into the consignment business. The one in Airdrie is for sale and I am looking into what I need to do and what kinds of things I need to get to make this a reality. I think that I need to get out of the house a bit more. But the idea of working in an office setting is not one that appeals to me. I am a people person and need a job that gives me that opportunity to interact with people just like I had while I was waitressing. We will see how this goes and if it is menat to be then I hope that it will work it self out. Then I can hire my best friend to manage it for me then she will have to more up here.

So tonight I was in my room sorting some files from a client when Michaela came in and said
"Mom, I drew on my wall and Logan drew on his"
"What?" I said as I got up and went to see what she was talking about.
"No, no, mom don't look at it yet, it's not finished"
I walked into Logan's room and there on his wall was a murial that she had drew. I made my way into her room and there was the writing on the wall, as it were.
We made them clean up their little graffitti and as Michaela was cleaning up one of the walls in her room, she told me that it was her "No Boys Allowed" sign.
Well now that it is all cleaned up and they are in bed, I can see now that they were expressing their creative side, however, I would have like to have seen that creativity on a piece of paper rather than on their walls.

2 comments:

Kozy Koverz by Louise said...

hunter will sleep. you're babies ACTUALLY sleep. he is still young. i wish i could come play with your kids while you nap.

tara - we really should go into business and get rich one day (or at least comfortable). it would be so fun. make your dreams real. i'll do anything i can to help you :)

Nikki said...

Oh man, I'm such a bear now when I get up at night. You're my hero. Hope this little journey with Hunter allows some light and some solutions to be shed on the issues.

The consignment thing sounds cool! Keep us posted, and like...get some sleep! ;)