Sunday, May 25, 2008

Update from the House of Sands!!!

My life these days has been pretty boring. I get up and deal with the kids all day. Take Michaela to dance class on tuesdays. I try not to feel to sick all the time. I am about to end my first trimester and head into my second so hopefully I start to feel better soon, but if my other kids are any indication that won't be happening. Thank goodness for pop and diclectin.

Logan has been starting to act out more these days. I don't know if that's because he is in his terrible 2's or if he senses something is changing..you know how sensitive kids can be. It's almost like he has 2 personalities. One we call Lolo..sweet and fun and funny and loving and just a pleasure to be around. Lolo has the sweetes smile that could light up any room that he enters. The other we call Ogar...well that pretty much explains the behaviour there..OGARISH!!!!!! NASTY and ONRY and down right MISERABLE!!!! Ogar has the most ear piercing scream and cry that I have ever heard. We never know which one we are going be facing from one minute to the next. Funny how there can be 2 totally different people in one cute little boy.

Michaela, well she is coming into her own personality. She has been starting to show mre initiative but also more attittude and lippiness. But what can you expect from a three going on 15 year old. She has friend that is her same preschool and they have formed this bond that is pretty strong for their age. It is nice to see that she is able to make friends so easily. But the other day at preschool they embraced and kissed. Now I don't know if I need to be concerned that they are showing this kind of affection. I don't remember being that affectionate with my friends. So i think that I need to sit her down and expalin that there are certain kinds of affection that is not appropriate. Or maybe I just need to chalk it up to a 3 and 4 year olds friendship and leave it there and see what happens. I know that kids are prone to kiss each other, but that doesn't make the shock of seeing it happen any less shocking.

I am trying to find the energy and the time to do my house work and my bookkeeping business and my parttime job and take care of my family It seems that tese things take all my time and I don't seem to have any time for myself or hanging with my friends and just finding the time to be me. The house work suffers so i feel that I am living in a pig stye. Sean tells me that I need to ask for more help and that if I ask him to do things he will just do them. So I guess I just need to rely on him more and maybe things will end up getting done around here.

Other than that there is nothing much going in the House of Sands these days...Michaela has graduated from her first year of preschool and they are having a Carnival on her last day on friday so that will be fun. the kids are also in swimming lessons and Michaela is in her first unparented class and seeming to do very well (which doesn't surprise me at all...she's extremely bright for a 3 year old).

Enough rambling for now, just thought that I would give you an update on all the happenings and unhappenings in our little house.
Until next time..Keep fit and have fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I know what you mean about 2 personalities. Brighton is like that to a "t". Hopefully Austin will pass by that stage, but with the 2 year mark less than half a year away, I am highly doubting that possibility. Good luck with everything!

Mandy said...

I have a 4 year old boy that is acting the same way as Logan. He never went through the "terrible two" stage and I've been informed that if they don't go through that phase it is possible that it could happen later...that's where I'm at right now. I totally hear your frustration. I'm with you on that one. Good luck.