Friday, May 30, 2008

Well right now I am supposed to be doing some work, but I thought that I would take a few minutes and fill you in on the week. Things for the most part have been chuging along as per usual but then a gog was thrown into the wheel and i had to quit my job. Not by choice but they left me no choice.

Wednesday I got to work and noticed that they have taken away my day shift that we needed for me to make the fact that I went to work worthwhile. I was then informed that I was not going to be given another day to make up for that. I then went into my shift on Thursday and told them that 7 hours a week was not worthe the hassle and the effect on my kids for me to come into work. I was informed that they liked the way I worked and that I pick up the job really well (it was M&M meats it wasn't that tough), but that they couldn't give me more than 7 hours so I said that today (thursday) was goign to be my last shift. She asked me if I was going to give notice to which I informed her that it hasn't been three months and that I wasn't required to by law.

Then she proceeds to tell me that they are short staffed and all I could think was then why are you only giving me 7 hours a week when I am capable of working more. Sean is under the impression that they were squeezing me out because I am pregnant and they didn't want the liability of have me work for them. So they did it in a way that I really can't do anything about it. I was really upset about the whole situation and thought that they were above this kind of treatment and had hoped that I had found a company that was baove this kind of treaatment.

Well that's enough of the vent. See ya next time..

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Cruddy deal!

I agree with Sean. There response of being understaffed blows a big fat raspberry in the shift changes they forced on you.

So sorry this happened to you Tara!