Monday, June 02, 2008

It could have been disaterous.....

The first sunday of every month our family gets together and has a family dinner to celebrate the birthdays and anniversaries that take place that month. So yesterday we gathered for our monthly dinner and the kids were having fun palying outside while the adults were talking.

Now to give you alittle background my parents live on an acreage and on that acreage they have a swap way in the corner.

The kids were playing in the treehouse, but Logan being who he is was off on his own becasue he likes it that way. Well, Ihad this feeling to go and look for him so I walked around the acreage calling his name but got no response. I told Sean that I couldn't find him so Sean took off in another direction and heard him crying. Sean went in the direction of the screaming and found him half way out in the swamp. he had waded out into chest deep water, got stuck and was just standing there screaming.

I ran back to the house and got the boots while Sean kept an eye on him to make sure he didn't fall. I ran back and in the meantime my dad and a friend asked me where he was I yelled he was in the swamp and they ran out and so there went Sean, dad and Garry Wickwire into the swamp to pull him out. He was stuck in there good and I am thinkful that he didn't fall cause yeah...things would not be good, I wouldn't have my little boy anymore. I am thankful that he was under the protection of the Lord and that he was being protected from the worse thing that could've happened.

3 comments:

Kim Hawryluk said...

Yikes! I bet your glad you listened to the prompting to go instead of pushing it off and thinking that he was would with the other kids or something. Glad that he's okay!

Mandy said...

That must have been so scary for you. I'm glad he's safe. It's good that you are so in tune with your kids and the spirit that you were able to find him before something happened.

Debbie Jo said...

Oh man, so glad that nothing disterous happened! I'm feeling the relief for you. How far along are you now?