Monday, April 09, 2007

Going, Going......Gone


SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!!!!!!
You know there are days, and I guess ALL mothers can attest to this, that you wouldn't mind selling your kids to the highest bidder. Problem is, on those days you wouldn't get very much for them, amidst their temper tantrums, bitting, hitting and all out disrespect. Then there are the days that you cherish all their "I love you's", kisses, hugs and the "Mom, you're the GREATEST!!!!". Now those are the days that I wish there were more of, but unfortunately they are not as abundant as the days you wish you could go back and try to remember why it was that you wanted kids in the first place. My mom keeps reminding me that I was the one who wanted kids, and I keep reminding her that yes I did, but NOT one like me, let alone two, that, I didn't ask for.
I am however reminded that if you teach the stubborn ones the right pth to follow, they will NEVER stray off that path. The trouble is, I have to deal with it until they know how to control it. I do have a great support, in my husband, who knows when I need a break and steps in and takes over. We seem to compliment each other that way.
Now I know that I can't sell my kids, I would miss them too much. But I will tell you that bedtime has slowly become my FAVOURITE time of the day......now I know you can agree with that.

No comments: