Saturday, April 14, 2007

Potty Training

My daughter and I have been working on potty training for quite awhile now, and most days she knows what she is supposed to do. She LOVES the fact that she's a "big girl". Then there are the days when I want to throw in the towel and I wonder, is it really worth it? Those are the days that I seem to be more frustrated than usual and she picks up on that. It stems from being tired from the lack of sleep that I am getting at night and I seem to make her the vessel for my frustration. These are the days that I need to tell myself that this is her battle and she's not wetting her pants to make ME mad, she's just having a bad day. Now that is easier said then done, but the more I remind myself of that fact the easier it will be for both of us to conquer the big ol' potty.
Michaela has now encouraged Logan to use the potty . After she uses it, she gets Logan and wants him to sit on the potty. So now at 16 months Logan is now in the process of being potty trained. I think that with the encouragement of his older sister, Logan's transition from being a diaper wearing toddler to being a "big boy" will be a lot smoother. Anyways...Here's hoping.

No comments: