Thursday, June 07, 2007

I'm NOT a girly girl.....


So this evening as I was getting the kids ready for their bath, I was combing Michaela's hair. Her hair is so knotty that I need to comb it to be able to wash it easier. Anyways, as I was combing it, she was screaming "I'm not a girly girl, I'm not a girly girl". I asked her if that meant that I couldn't comb her hair and she said that NO I couldn't.

Well that got me thinking, at what age do we really start having an understanding of the kind of person that we are. Do we have an early idea, or is that just the lucky few that start to realize who they are. I don't remember having that clear of an idea at 2.

For those of you who are lucky enough to know Michaela and how she acts, then you will know that there is NO doubt that she is NOT a girly girl. She is my rough and tumble kid who does not have any fear and will try almost anything.

She doesn't care what she looks like as long as she is having fun. She is always on the look for what would be the next fun thing that she could do. I hope that she always is looking for the next big adventure and never loses sight of the person that she is and will always have the same zest for life that she does now.

No comments: